Monday, April 30, 2007

Day 6 in Bali...

Last night my buddy Salmon said he had some friends who work at the local bungy jumping facility located directly on the beach in Kuta where I'm staying. We were a little drunk so when he said he'd pick me up at 10am to go for a jump I said I'd do it, thinking it wouldn't pull through. But sure enough, Salmon and his girlfriend Elsi showed at Suka Beach Inn to take me at 10am on the dot. I'd just finished breakfast and the idea of bungy jumping from 50 metres in the air wasn't to thrilling. Not to mention I have a nasty fear of heights.


But after a few Bintangs and a couple of smokes, I said, "What the fuck, I'm in Bali right?"

Here's me going for a big dive, looking over Bali, with a beautiful view of volcanoes, rice paddies, and surf as far as the eye can see.



The feeling of jumping off the ledge was by far the scariest thing I've experienced in my entire life.



After that first jump I couldn't feel my entire upper half of my body, I was numb from the excitement.

After the first jump they made me go again, I think just to get another good laugh at my face before jumping. Only this time the owner, Reese, an Aussie, made me go backwards. Pretty much the raddest shit I've ever done.


You can't see it in these shots, but there's a pool at the bottom of the jump. On this one my hands hit the water, I guess my last jump loosened up the rope. Reese knew I'd hit it, he just thought it'd be funnier if I didn't see it coming.


This shot below is from the poolside patio, putting a little perspective on how high I actually was. You can barely see me 150 feet in the air.





After that we sat around and pretty much smoked a pack of Durangs, trying to get our heartbeats back to normal. I spoke to Reese, and he's gonna hook all the boys up when they get here. Yeah, you guys are all taking this plunge too! hhahahaha



When you're bored in Bali you sticker up you and you're buddies rides, OC1503 style. And yes we'll run you over on one of these bad boys if you don't get out of our way.



Salmon loves the gear I've been flowing him. Here he's sporting his new HSS shirt and his future board when I'm done with my trip. Gonna teach him to surf tomorrow after I surf Uluwatu in the morning. Hope you liked the photos of the bungy experience, I will never forget it. Thanks to Reese and the buys at 66 Club Bali for the hookup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wes what up its todd! dude looks like youve been having a blast ! I am really stoked that you are over there cuz i got a few questions about what to bring!
1. Malaria pills ive heard yes and no?
2.should i bring the 6'8 or the smaller bladier 6'6? (i think that i'll only have room for one. see next...)
3.How much did you pay for your boards?
4.what computer are you using !
pulll in for me !
peace
todd
srfrbro@msn.com