Saturday, May 26, 2007

A day at Dreamland

It's Saturday and my foot has finally healed from the infection I got my last day in Sumbawa. I went with some friends to Dreamland, located between Bingin and Belongin. They're currently building the largest golf course in the world behind this spot. This sucks because golf courses need chemicals (fertilizers, etc.), which will end up going into the ocean. The reefs will become very poisonous when cut on, and the runoff will create algae growth which will effect the natural ecosystem. It's pretty sad, I hope it takes them years to finish. These are shots of Dreamland from the parking area.
To the left is Bingin (can't see) and further up is Impossibles.

Here's a better shot of Impossibles.

Here are a couple of shots of me checking out a set rolling through Impossibles.


This is a shot of the waves coming through at Dreamland. Tides a little high today for it to break right, but still a playful wave with a fun inside section.


Enjoying a fresh coconut before heading back to Suka Beach Inn. Just another day in paradise.

Here's a shot I took from my balcony overlooking the pool and on the right the eating area where we have our morning breakfast. My friends join me in only 3 days. I'm so excited to have had the opportunity to experience Bali on my own. But I'm just as excited to be able to experience this magical place with some of my closest friends. See you soon guys!

No comments: